Cristina, a Básico 1 student (NB1, 2015-16), wrote this wonderful article about Fuengirola to include an example of an informative article in her Writing File (April 2016). She also took Useful Language from a textbook article on Dublin we read in class.
Fuengirola, the Sunny City, by Cristina (NB1 C, 2015-16)
Fuengirola is a city where you can see the sun most of the year. Because of the sun and the weather there are a lot of tourists.
If you want to visit Fuengirola, you have to know these things:
- The train drivers on the sightseeing tour train tell very interesting stories about all the buildings and monuments they go past.
- The best tourist attraction is the Biopark, Fuengirola`s zoo, where you can see a thousand animals!!
- When you want something to eat, the Plaza Picasso area is the place to go. In general, the food is geat and very good value for money. You can have “tapas”. A “tapa” is a little typical meal you have with your drink, here, on the coast.
- You can also go to “chiringuitos”. A “chiringuito” is a beach bar where you can eat fresh fish. (You must try “espetos” – that’s grilled fresh fish!)
- If you want to buy fruits or clothes, you can go to the street market in the Fair Grounds (Recinto Ferial).
We hope you visit us some day!!